Buy Your Tenants Insurance Online in Minutes
Protect yourself, insure your belongings,
and secure your financial freedom.
Click below to build your own
DIY Tenants Insurance Policy
Buy Your Tenants Insurance Online in Minutes
Autopac Auto Insurance
Guild Insurance Brokers & HMS Insurance Agencies are agents for Manitoba Public Insurance. We are located in a few different communities in Manitoba – Brandon, Carberry, Virden, Shilo and Wawanesa. Autopac is a public auto insurance plan available to all Manitoba residents. We are here to help you navigate through your auto insurance needs. We are a full-service brokerage when you need to license your vehicle, renew your drivers licence, Off-Road Vehicle or Commercial Trailer, we have you covered.
What is autopac?
Autopac is a Manitoba Public Insurance product that covers you & damage to your vehicle in a claim situation. As a non-profit Crown Corporation, Manitoba Public Insurance has provided basic auto insurance coverage in Manitoba since 1971. Auto insurance in Manitoba is mandatory. MPI requires you to purchase the basic auto insurance coverage for your vehicle. Basic Autopac is the minimum amount of coverage required to have your vehicle on the road. We provide Autopac coverage for all Manitobans with conveniently located offices throughout southwestern Manitoba.
Basic Autopac Insurance includes:
- $50,000 Maximum Insured Value
- $500 Deductible – All-Perils Coverage
- $200,000 Third Party Liability
- Personal Injury Protection Plan
Maximum Insured Value
Including taxes, $50,000 is the most any truck, motorcycle, car, moped, motorhome, trailer, snow vehicle or bus is insured for under Basic Autopac. If you have a vehicle that is worth more than $50,000, including taxes you’ll need Excess Value Coverage to cover the amount over the $50,000 limit.
Basic All-Perils Coverage
Included in your auto insurance policy is basic all-perils coverage. Any accidental damage or loss to your MPI registered vehicle in Canada or U.S is covered. You will need to pay for any depreciation and the deductible. Autopac coverage pays for the rest.
- “Upset” (your vehicle rolls over or tips)
- Other causes such as vandalism, theft, hail and fire (comprehensive is the insurance term)
Third Party Liability
If your MPI registered vehicle injures someone or damages property anywhere in Canada or the U.S.A third party liability coverage is provided for claims made against you. Basic third party liability insures you to up to $200,000 for claims others make against you.
Personal Injury Protection Plan
Autopac also provides a personal injury protection plan for injury or death caused by an automobile accident. The Personal Injury Protection Plan (PIPP) is based on four principles.
- Coverage is provided to all Manitoba residents injured in automobile accidents anywhere in Canada or the U.S
- With a few limits or restrictions, compensation focuses on specific economic losses from auto injuries or death.
- Regardless of who was at fault in the accident, compensation is guaranteed for all injured people.
- To reflect changing economic conditions, most benefits are indexed to the Consumer Price Index
If your MPI registered vehicle injures someone or damages property anywhere in Canada or the U.S.A third party liability Autopac coverage is provided for claims made against you. Included in your basic Autopac coverage is any accidental damage or loss to your MPI registered vehicle. Autopac also provides personal protection for injury or death caused by an automobile accident.
Optional Auto Insurance Extension Coverages
Although your basic Autopac auto insurance coverage protects you and your vehicle we highly recommend that you consider increasing some of the optional extension coverages listed below:
- Increase your third party liability limit to $1million, $2million, $5million, $7million or $10million
- Decrease your deductible to $300, $200 or $100
- Increased Maximum Insured Value (MIV) on vehicles valued over $50,000, purchase the Excess Value Coverage
- Purchase Auto Loss of Use coverage to guarantee replacement transportation in the event of a loss
- Protect your investment in your new vehicle by purchasing New/Leased Car Protection
- Insure your vehicle while in storage
- Purchase insurance for rental cars in Canada or the U.S.A
- Purchase collision, comprehensive, third party liability and accident benefits coverage for your snowmobile or off-road vehicle
Auto Insurance Online Tools
What will my car insurance premium be?
Your auto insurance premium is based on a few factors.
- Your driving record – If you maintain a safe driving record for a number of years you will get a discount on your Autopac premiums.
- Where you live – The risk of you having a claim depends in part on if you live in an urban area or rural.
- Vehicle use – If you use your vehicle to drive to work and back daily will have an impact on your premium.
- Vehicle type – your vehicle’s year make and model affects your premium. Repair costs, protection features and vehicle characteristics
What is No-Fault Auto Insurance?
As of March 1, 1994, Manitoban’s have had what is called “no-fault” auto insurance called Autopac provided by Manitoba Public Insurance. The common myth around no-fault insurance is that no one is at fault, but this is not so. Instead what it means is that regardless of fault, every Manitoban injured (including death) by an automobile accident in Canada or the United States shall receive compensation from their insurance company. This type of auto insurance is designed to provide benefits and treatment to injured victims quickly by reducing the delays experienced within the legal system.